The Railway Children ~ The Book and The Movie

I had a wonderful vacation from work last weekend.  I was able to set aside some time  for relaxing and reading some contemporary books I had on my "to do list". I also was able to read one of the children's classic books that I somehow missed reading as a child ...


https://www.amazon.com/Railway-Children-E-Edith-Nesbit-ebook/dp/B0082UKP8C/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1473770563&sr=1-1&keywords=the+railway+children




I watched the movie too ...


https://www.amazon.com/Masterpiece-Theatre-Michael-Kitchen-Attenborough/dp/B00006HAZH/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1473770906&sr=8-7&keywords=the+railway+children+the+movie

 

I was impressed at the quality of the movie (a Masterpiece Theatre production) and how closely the movie followed the book.  Both were very enjoyable and well worth the reading/watching!

While I enjoy reading contemporary books, there is something about visiting the older classics that I find refreshing. I've made a list of some of the adult classics and the children's classic books I would like to read over the next year and can't wait to get started on them!


What books do you like to read? 

Comments

Cherdecor said…
I am happy that you had a little vacation last week and were able to read some books on your list that you have been wanting to read. Hope you are enjoying this fall weather. I sure am. It just helps one sleep better. Have a great day!