Aug 10, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ August 10, 2015




August 10, 2015


On the Weather Front:
Sunny skies and triple digit heat.  I'm dreaming of a rainy, cool day. :)

On my bedside table:
I just finished reading a wonderfully inspirational book ~





On my TV:
Cedar Cove

Heartland 

Checking out some more of the upcoming PBS programming ~ there's some great shows coming soon! I'm definitely interested in watching Home Fires

On my dinner table tonight:  
Greek salad, homemade bread, fresh fruit 

On my to do list:
Laundry

Meal planning for the rest of the week

Grocery shopping

Family movie night

In the craft basket:
On hold this week as we enjoy some end of the summer family fun.   

Looking forward to:

Picking up and reading the books waiting for me at our library

Fall 

Upcoming holiday season later this year ~ I have to like to start planning now or before I know it, I'm running behind and trying to catch up! 

Homemaking Tip for the Week: 

Homemade Refrigerator Freshener @ Simple Living at Home.

Lessons learned the past few days:
 I still have a lot to learn and I'm choosing to do it with joy!

On my prayer list:
Friends
Family

Inspiration: 


I don't know about the noble part but I really need to recognize and be grateful for all I have in my life.  

Favorite photo:
I didn't get a chance to take any pictures this past week.  I've been focused on organizing old photos for my next scrap booking project so I'll post one of my favorites of our dog Eddie ... 

Is it Monday already?



Wishing you all a great week! 

5 comments:

Joanna Unbehaun said...

I will definitely have to check out that book. I love reading about the Amish lifestyle! Have an awesome week :)

Laura {a spoonful of joy} said...

Oh that book looks interesting. Definitely going to check it out... Thanks!
After reading Debbie Macomber books for years, I recently got hooked on 'Cedar Cove.'
Have a great week!

Jean @sonotorganized.com said...

I keep thinking I need to plan ahead for the holidays as well. What a great quote! Hope you have a fantastic week!

Carrie B. said...

Oh good gravy Renee - I could not take your temps for long! Hope you get that nice cool day SOON!
That book looks so interesting. I'm fascinated by the Amish lifestyle. It's simplicity at times sounds like a bit of heaven.
You're such a soul after my own heart loving Fall and the holidays and looking forward to them. Love that!!
Hope you have a wonderful week and keep enjoying these fleeting summer days to the fullest. xoxo

Sarah H said...

I love the picture of Eddie, he looks so relaxed there :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog xx