Cool Breeze Baby Afghan!

I just started crocheting a few months ago and have mostly been doing small projects. At the beginning of July, I took the plunge and started checking out patterns to make a baby blanket for a friend who is expecting. 

I saw this pattern ~ Cool Breeze Baby Afghan ~ on Red Heart's website and knew it was the one I wanted to make! 


 (Click the picture to get a better view)

I use Red Heart Baby Soft yarn ~ this yarn is SO  soft and has a sheen that is just gorgeous. The colors I chose to use were Baby Green, Deep Sky, Light Grape, Strawberry, Aqua, and White.

Red Heart also has an instructional video that really helped make the pattern easy to understand (newbie that I am!) and visualize each step of the pattern. 

There are two basic stitches ~ double crochet and treble crochet. The pattern creates a "fan" ...





that crests into a wave ...




To complete the blanket and bring it all together, I finished the edging in white ...





The colors blended together just beautifully!  




I can't wait to start making more afghans! :)

Comments