Nov 2, 2013

Fall is Finally Here!

In my neck of the woods, fall comes a bit later than for those who live farther north.  



Photo courtesy of Public Domain Pictures



At times, the temperature doesn't cool down until November.  We often don't experience the full change of colors in our landscape until late November or the beginning of December.







Notice the Christmas decorations hanging off the bottom of the tree?
I took this picture a few years ago @ two weeks before Christmas. 
Fall was pretty late that year! 

I've been reading all the blog posts out there about decorating for fall, the cooler temperatures at night and  fire places being put to good use.  

I have to admit, I've been a wee bit envious. It's rather hard to imagine fall when I'm still sitting in triple digit weather all around me. 





Over the past week though, fall has finally come to my little corner of the world.  I've let out a sigh of relief and am enjoying the cooler weather! 

I look forward to spending more time outside breathing in the crisp fall air as well as the gazing upon the beauty of the season ... 

Source: unknown

For me, fall has always been a pretty transformational time. A time of letting go of the old and embracing the new. 


I'm excited Fall is finally here!

No comments: