Oct 13, 2008

Monday Chat ~ 10/13/08



Today: 10/13/2008


Outside My Window: It's kind of a gray day outside and windy. The weather is brisk and even without the sunshine, it's a gorgeous day!


On my mind:


Lists of what I'd like to accomplish today; phone calls to make and things to get done.


I am thankful for:


God, good friends and family.


From the Kitchen:


Salisbury steak, scalloped potatoes and roasted asparagus.


I am going to:


decorate the house for Halloween. The kids are excited about helping me.


I am reading:


The 10 Greatest Gifts I Give My Children by Steven Vannoy.


I am hoping: to make some banana empanadas this afternoon. I keep buying bananas to make these and before I can get to them they're gone. Two growing boys....you know how it is.


I am hearing:


Silence. The kids are outside playing with their friends. They are sure happy to have a holiday from school.


Around the house:


hmmm.....I worked all weekend; don't really want to share the condition of our house right now - LOL!


A thought to share... 

"A path is only a path, and there is no affront, to oneself or to others, in dropping it if that is what your heart tells you. Look at every path closely and deliberately...Then ask yourself alone, one question: Does this path have a heart? If it does, the path is good; if it doesn't it is of no use." ~ Carlos Castaneda 

(I found this quote through a post from Patty of Morning Ramble - Thanks Patty!)