Visit Sandra for more great recipes!
Last week, I was looking for a hot chocolate mix that I could whip up and keep in my pantry. This recipe was the one we tried and everyone in my family (including me) is raving about it!
Pantry Hot Chocolate
Recipe Source: Hillbilly Housewife
(picture credit: google images)
- 4 cups instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups sugar (works well with Splenda too)
- 1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 package of instant store-bought chocolate OR vanilla pudding mix (this is the key that really makes this drink creamy and delicious. We use sugar free pudding and it tastes yummy!)
- Measure all of the ingredients into a dry clean bowl. Use a whisk to sort of stir everything together. If the cocoa clumps up, smash the little balls with a fork.
- Store in a tightly sealed container.
Spoon 1/3 cup - 1/2 cup (depending on mug size) of the hot cocoa mix into a cup or mug. Add boiling water to the top, stir and serve.