Mar 31, 2009

After The Rain



I woke up this morning to bright sunshine, fluffy clouds and birds chirping sweetly outside. My heart swelled with joy and filled with a peace that I hadn't felt in a long time. I looked out my window and saw leafy green plants and trees bursting forth after a night of drenching rain and storms. I thanked God for the rain last night and the resulting beauty of this morning.

My soul lifted as I soaked in the warmth and beauty of the day and the song came to mind, "...Then sings my souls, my saviour God to thee. How great Thou art, how great Thou art!"

I realized that at this moment of my life, my personal storms and challenges were lifting. I saw that the challenges of the past four months really were for the best and that from those ashes a new, better and wonderful life had risen. Through His grace and love, I face this day with renewed joy and a new sense of peace and well being!

What am I grateful for today? For the lessons learned through life's storms and for God's love and guidance through it all.