The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ 9/30/08



For Today: September 30, 2008


Outside My Window...


is beautiful sunshine, fluffy clouds and a cool brisk morning air. The trees in my yard have yellow and green leaves and are gently swaying from the breeze.


I am thinking...


about our country's economy and how very fragile it is right now. I am sifting through my fears and offering up prayers for a smooth resolution to this issue.


I am thankful...


that my family and I have a roof over our heads, food in the cupboard and each other.


From the kitchen...


tonight we're having Ina Garten's Mexican Chicken soup with salad and dinner rolls.




I am wearing...


an old t-shirt and shorts.



I am going...


to enjoy my children today and enjoy being with them while we learn, play and have fun.


I am reading...


The 10 Greatest Gifts I Give My Children by Steven Vannoy. It's a wonderful book about parenting from the heart.


I am hoping...


for some special quiet time with my hubby tonight. We haven't had a chance to chat and hold hands much this last week. I do so love talking to my best friend.


I am hearing...


the washing machine and laundry machine working, working, working.


Around the house...


today is clean and organize the kitchen. I also hope to plan out 1-2 weeks worth of menus as well.




One of my favorite things...Children's books.