No Friday This Week!

The last two Fridays have been somewhat eventful, to say the least for our family. Two Friday’s ago, Lil’ Pea accidentally poked himself in the eye with a plastic fork. Off we went to the ER and luckily, there were no punctures; it only scratched the white part of his eye and not his cornea. The eye drops helped but the first 24 hours was really painful for him. Nothing is worse that having your little one hurting and you can’t make it go away! He’s all better now and his vision is back to normal but there were a few scary moments!


Just this past Friday, our microwave caught on fire. I was popping some popcorn for the kids and I know I set the timer right. I went to do something in another room and I came back in and the whole thing was billowing smoke. I looked through the glass part and there were the flames shooting- EEK! Luckily, I had caught it before it went any further and I just had to deal with black soot on the wall behind it, the smell (fire and burnt popcorn- yuck) and my thumping heart. I am so thankful I caught it early before more damage was done and praise God for His protection and blessings! My sweet hubby went out and bought a new microwave and set it up. The kids and hubby have used it but I just look at it and keep walking by- LOL!

Needless to say, I think you’ll understand when I say we will NOT be having a Friday this week….we’re skipping directly to Saturday!