Friday's Feast ~ May 11, 2007

May 11, 2007

Appetizer:Tell about a time when you had to be brave. I had just given birth to my second son by c-section and there was a post-op complication that landed me on a ventilator in ICU for four days. I hadn't even had a chance to hold my son. My first son was only two years old and the physicians were not sure I was going to pull through.

They kept advising my husband and I to be prepared. I was fully alert through the whole four days but I couldn't talk due to being on a ventilator. I just kept praying that God would heal me so I could be with my husband and raise my two sons. I don't think I had to be half as brave as my husband who was looking at losing his wife and possibly raising two boys by himself.

He had to bring our infant son home by himself and care for our (then) two year old son until family could fly out to help us.

Soup:Which upcoming movie are you excited about seeing?

Harry Potter: Order of the Phoenix

Salad:Name an item you try to always have on hand.

Books

Main Course:Imagine the most relaxing room you can think of. Now describe it!

A reading room with hard wood floors and a country rug placed in the middle of the room. It is a big room with lots of windows, walls lined with bookshelves brimming with all kinds of books. The curtains are open and sunlight is streaming in through the windows.

A ceiling fan is turned on low making the room airy and light. Music is playing quietly in the background. There is a huge comfy chair with a foot stool by the windows and a beautiful end table next to it with a stack of books waiting to be read.

Dessert:On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being highest), how spiritual or religious are you?

7 in incorporating my beliefs and my outward actions; 10 in my yearning and aspirations.

If you would like to participate in Friday's Feast go here.

Comments